Employment Opportunity @ LIbrary
May 16, 2017
Bentley Municipal Library is seeking an energetic, community minded individual with excellent management skills to fill the half-time position of Library Administrator.
This position reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the day to day operation of the library.
- Hiring and supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Promotion of library services within the community through advocacy, public relations and outreach.
- Implementation of the library’s Plan of Service.
- Development and maintenance of the library collection.
- Program planning and implementation.
- Assist in the development and administration of the budget.
- Assist with general duties of the library.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- A passion for libraries, literacy and growing a community hub.
Twenty hours per week, including occasional Saturdays. Salary starting at $17/hour to be reviewed after a probationary period of three months.
Closing date: June 9, 2017
Joan Dickau, Board Chair
Box 59, Bentley, AB T0C 0J0
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.